Circle Players, along with director Mikaela Kafka, is pleased to announce auditions for the fourth production in our 2017-2018 season, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead” by Tom Stoppard.
“Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead” is a modern dramatic masterpiece that tells the tale of Hamlet from the worm’s-eye view of the bewildered minor characters in Shakespeare’s play. In Tom Stoppard’s best-known work, this Shakespearean Laurel and Hardy finally get a chance to take the lead role, but in a world where echoes of Waiting for Godot resound, and reality and illusion intermix.
The production runs March 9th – March 25th, 2018.
We seek actors with great comedic timing, physical training, and stage combat, a plus. No roles are ethnically specific. Please see the Character Breakdown below for more information about each role.
Auditions will be held at Circle Players on December 4th, and 7th at 7:30pm, with a callback date of December 16th. (Please note the callback is closed, therefore please do not attend unless you have been invited to do so.) Audition sides will soon be available – please check back for more information.
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com.
• Rosencrantz (20′s 30′s): Everyman. The more pragmatic of the duo.
• Guildenstern (20′s 30′s): Everyman. The more philosophical of the duo.
• The Player (m/f, any age): The commandeering, Theatrical Director of the Traveling Acting Troupe.
• Alfred (male, any age): One of the tragedians of slight build. The Player’s underling sidekick.
• THREE Tragedians: Actors of the Traveling troupe. Very heightened physical comedy. Ability to play an instrument a huge plus. Especially Flute, Recorder, Percussion, and guitar of some sort (lute, uke, etc.)
• Hamlet (male, late 20′s, 30′s)
• Gertrude (female): Mother to Hamlet, Queen.
• Claudius (male): Newly crowned King, step father to Hamlet.
• Polonius (male): Pompous elderly Lord Chamberlain, father to Ophelia.
• Ophelia (female): Polonius’ daughter, potential wife to Hamlet.
• Horatio (male): Hamlet’s friend. will also double as soldier and ambassador.
• Fortinbras (male): Contemporary of Hamlet, Prince of Norway. Will double as soldier and Court member.