Circle Players, along with director Mikaela Kafka, is pleased to announce auditions for the fourth production in our 2017-2018 season, “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead” by Tom Stoppard.
“Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead” is a modern dramatic masterpiece that tells the tale of Hamlet from the worm’s-eye view of the bewildered minor characters in Shakespeare’s play. In Tom Stoppard’s best-known work, this Shakespearean Laurel and Hardy finally get a chance to take the lead role, but in a world where echoes of Waiting for Godot resound, and reality and illusion intermix.
The production runs March 9th – March 25th, 2018.
We seek actors with great comedic timing, physical training, and stage combat, a plus. No roles are ethnically specific. Please see the Character Breakdown and sides below for more information about each role.
Auditions will be held at Circle Players on December 4th, and 7th at 7:30pm, with a callback date of December 16th. (Please note the callback is closed, therefore please do not attend unless you have been invited to do so.)
If you have any questions please feel free to comment below or shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com.
• Rosencrantz (20′s 30′s): Everyman. The more pragmatic of the duo.
• Guildenstern (20′s 30′s): Everyman. The more philosophical of the duo.
• The Player (m/f, any age): The commandeering, Theatrical Director of the Traveling Acting Troupe.
• Alfred (male, any age): One of the tragedians of slight build. The Player’s underling sidekick.
• THREE Tragedians: Actors of the Traveling troupe. Very heightened physical comedy. Ability to play an instrument a huge plus. Especially Flute, Recorder, Percussion, and guitar of some sort (lute, uke, etc.)
• Hamlet (male, late 20′s, 30′s)
• Gertrude (female): Mother to Hamlet, Queen.
• Claudius (male): Newly crowned King, step father to Hamlet.
• Polonius (male): Pompous elderly Lord Chamberlain, father to Ophelia.
• Ophelia (female): Polonius’ daughter, potential wife to Hamlet.
• Horatio (male): Hamlet’s friend. will also double as soldier and ambassador.
• Fortinbras (male): Contemporary of Hamlet, Prince of Norway. Will double as soldier and Court member.